Ingredients card / Shopping list
180g Hakubaku Soba noodles
1 small Wombok (Chinese cabbage, shredded)
5cm piece Daikon (white radish, julienned)
½ bunch Fresh chives (cut into 4cm pieces)
2 stalks Spring onions (finely sliced, diagonally)
1-2 tbsp Olive oil
6 Swiss brown mushrooms (sliced)
Sea salt and black pepper (for seasoning)
180g Pressed silken Tofu (sliced)
4cm piece Fresh ginger (julienned)
3 tbsp Sesame seeds (toasted)
4 tbsp Soy sauce
4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
2 tsp Raw sugar
Recipe By: Jenny Brown
Serves 2 adultsIntroduction
A salad that uses a wok in the preparation? Intriguing ...
1. Cook Soba noodles according to packet instructions. Drain, then refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Set aside
2. Prepare dressing in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, raw sugar and extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add the Wombok, Daikon, chives and spring onions. Toss gently. Set aside.
4. Heat olive oil in a wok or frying pan, over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and season well. Cook until tender. Add the tofu and cook for 1 minute. Add ginger then remove from heat.
5. Divide the Soba noodles onto 2 serving plates. Top with salad mixture. Place mushroom and tofu mixture on top. Spoon over dressing.